Many people are unaware of the impact their home may be having on their health. If your home has hidden water damage or any issues with humidity or moisture, there is a good chance mold is also present in your environment.
Exposure to mold is known to trigger inflammation, allergies, asthma, stress, fatigue, immune dysfunction and more. Every person reacts to mold differently, and prolonged exposure can build Mycotoxins in your body. As a matter of fact, if any of these symptoms sound familiar to you, checking your home for mold would be a great place to start:
- Fatigue and weakness
- Headache, light sensitivity
- Poor memory, difficulty finding words
- Difficulty concentration
- Morning stiffness, joint pain
- Unusual skin sensations, tingling and numbness
- Shortness of breath, sinus congestion, or chronic cough
- Appetite swings, body temperature dysregulation
- Increased urinary frequency or increased thirst
- Red eyes, blurred vision, sweats, mood swings, sharp pains
- Abdominal pain, diarrhea, bloating
- Tearing, disorientation, metallic taste in mouth
- Vertigo, feeling lightheaded
So what do you do if you suspect mold is impacting your health? Great question!
The first thing to do is have your home evaluated by a professional. An indoor air quality and mold inspection can reveal hidden spores and environmental toxins you would not be able to find on your own. Your inspector should take time to listen to your story, hear what specific concerns you have, then comb through your entire home including the crawlspace, basement, and attic. They will ask questions about the history of your home to discover if any repairs or remodels may be a source of hidden water damage.
If your mold inspection reveals any issues, then you will address the problem in two parts: 1) Deal with the source of mold in your home, and 2)Develope a treatment plan to eliminate mold from your body.
At Branch Environmental, we believe you should breathe easy when you are in your home. Our team will work to develop a plan that addresses the specific issues you are facing. Once we have eliminated mold from your home, you can work with your healthcare provider to cleanse your body and be back to new!